Sunday, November 18, 2012
Abraham Belka (Up-stander)
There were only five or six of us, but our numbers were growing. Soon the Nazis would know that the Vilna Resistance Force meant business. The Nazis didn't think us a huge threat through any stretch of the imagination. In fact, they thought us more an amusement than anything, a joke. That would all change in time. Right now about all we were capable of doing was slashing tires, throwing rocks or starting minor fires. Soon we would get more men, and with them would come weapons and the ability to strike the Nazis more forcefully than ever. For now we would have to deal. We were planing to have a meeting that night, that was before the Nazis captured our top asset, a man named Gideon Azramo, who had key information on the Nazis plans to liquidate the Jews in the ghetto. We needed to get him back. I staged a plan for a small task force of two men to sneak into the ghetto, grab Gideon, and sneak out, all while the Nazis were preoccupied with the chaos my other men would be creating. It was going great up until the Nazis called reinforcements and they were able to capture my men causing the commotion. They ended up catching Gideon and the two other men also and shot them all. That's when the killing started. From that point on, I've been moving from house to house, evading the Nazis and hoping one day to make it to any neighboring towns and build another resistance force there and bring it back to Vilna. Until that day comes, I'm just going to have to keep out of sight while simultaneously doing as much damage as is possible for a single man to do. I pray to God that he will make my life easy and the trip to another town will be soon, and the fall of the Nazi forces in Vilna will be quick and decisive by the hand of my men. With that, I leave whomever may read this here, hoping my actions will not go unnoticed, and I will be in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment